Sunday, January 08, 2006

Newbie in Jerusalem

HI all,
I just wanted to wish all the Newbies a happy New year.
Currently I'm in Israel on a guided tour. It is so great to be here... the sun is shining and it is tank top weather... I don't miss the snow at all. The city of Jerusalem is so beautiful, so old and the achitecture is amazing! Also the fact that this is the religious centre for Jews, Christians and Muslims is quite remarkable. You can here the church bells ringing, while the muslims call all their people to pray and on the other side of this wall, you have all the Jews chanting and praying for the health of Ariel Sharon. It is quite an amazing thing to see all the religions in one spot together. They are together but still so separate from each other! Even if you are religious person you can feel the energy and magic here!

Today we are leaving for the Negev dessert and going to the dead sea.. the saltiest body of water in the world... so salty you can't even swim in it ....you just float. Also, it will be my first time riding a camel... the people in the group are great... from all over Canada!
well that's about all the time I have. I'll share all my stories and pictures when I'm back!
NEwbies NAT